Create Your Own Photo Book
Design a Stunning Portfolio, Make a Bookstore-Quality Book
Please login to add notes
- Table of Contents
- Our Team of Experts
- + Chapter 1: Getting Started
- + Chapter 2: Choosing a Service Provider
- + Chapter 3: Shooting and Selecting Your Photos
- + Chapter 4: Layout Basics: Formats and Features
- + Chapter 5: Your First Photo Book
- + Chapter 6: Custom Layout Techniques
- + Chapter 7: Processing Your Images Using Photo Book Software
- + Chapter 8: Decorative Borders, Frames, Image Masks, and Corners
- + Chapter 9: Backgrounds
- + Chapter 10: Text
- + Chapter 11: Quality Control
- + Chapter 12: Ordering, Troubleshooting, and Selling Your Book
- + Chapter 13: Sample Photo Book Projects
These days, photographs live on hard drives and DVDs in the company of several thousand other images, coming to light on a computer screen only for a short moment, if ever.
In that respect our computer is a one-image-at-a-time exhibition of our photographic work. But as photographers, we like to print our best images, frame and show them at home or at an exhibition, or present a collection of prints in a portfolio.
This book will guide you through the process of creating a printed and bound portfolio of your photographs, or even a bookstore-quality coffee table book. Learn about every step of the process, from selecting a book publishing service all the way through designing and proofing your photo book. You'll get practical advice on how to work with software provided by services such as Blurb or Viovio, and will learn about relevant concepts of book design, color management, and digital printing.
Create your Own Photo Book is the perfect guide for the aspiring amateur photographer as well as the seasoned pro.