Do the Crime, Do the Time
Juvenile Criminals and Adult Justice in the American Court System
Do you like this document?
Please login to add notes
- ONE: Adult Time for Adult Crimes
- TWO: Understanding the System
- THREE: Juvenile Crime and Transfer Trends
- FOUR: Transfers and Public Policy
- FIVE: The Supreme Court Defines the Boundaries of Juvenile Justice
- SIX: Public Opinion, Public Policy, and Juvenile Justice
- SEVEN: Implications of Transfers for Juvenile Offenders
- EIGHT: Future of Transfers
- Cases Cited
- + Index
This book provides a fresh look at the way the United States is choosing to deal with some of the serious or persistent youth offenders: by transferring juvenile offenders to adult courts.