Early Controversies and the Growth of Christianity
Do you like this document?
Please login to add notes
- Series Foreword
- 1. Paul and the Early Christians
- 2. The Early Defenders of the Faith
- 3. Marcion: A New Interpretation
- 4. The Manichaeans
- 5. The Christianizing of the Empire
- 6. Arianism
- 7. The Power of the Bishops
- Further Reading
- + Index
This revealing history examines the controversies, maneuvering, and political wrangling that occupied the Christian Church for the first four centuries of its existence.