Take Control of Using Lion
Please login to add notes
- Table of Contents
- + Read Me First
- Using Lion Quick Start
- + Know What’s New
- + Straighten Out Your System Preferences
- + Dominate the Dock
- + Ease Your Eyeballs
- + Wash Your Windows
Handle the Hierarchy
- Configure a Finder Window
- Peek with Quick Look and Cover Flow
- Scope Out Springing Folders
- Copy and Paste in the Finder
- Set Up the Desktop
- Use the Finder Sidebar
- Customize Your Finder Toolbar
- Tweak Your Open and Save Dialogs
- Use a Third-Party Finder Substitute
- Jump with Spotlight
- Remember about Recent Documents
- Adopt a Launcher
- + Stop Saving
- + Master the Mouse, Control the Keyboard
- + Fix Your Fonts
- + Tackle Your Text
- + Customize Status Menus
- + Perform Miscellaneous Configurations
- Keep Using Lion
- + About This Book
- Copyright and Fine Print
- Featured Titles
Other new-in-Lion-related questions that you'll find answers to are these:
What's the fun new way of entering accented characters?
Where'd my scrollbars go?
How do I make the text in my Finder window sidebar larger?
How do I sort items in a Finder window, and what does "Arrange" mean?
Where are the Appearance and the Accounts System Preference panes?
How do I change the size of my mouse pointer icon?
What's this All My Files entry in my sidebar?
What's the new picture-in-a-picture zooming option?
Where'd my user Library go?
You'll also learn how to:
Be nimble and efficient finding your documents and applications.
Take advantage of Lion's revised Open and Save dialogs.
Make the screen easy on your eyes.
Reduce "pane-ful" clutter in System Preferences.
Enjoy the new Lion look of spelling corrections.
Have your Mac read to you in many great new voices.
Organize your fonts so you can easily format your text.
Find the elusive checkbox for making the menu bar look solid.
Test the closed alpha on paperc.com