Rails on Windows
Please login to add notes
- The Plan
- + Getting Started on the Fast Track
- + Install Ruby on Rails Manually
- Installing MySQL
- + Working with Microsoft SQL Server
- + Installing Subversion for Use with Rails
- + Creating Your Own Repository
- + Common Rails Tasks
- + Development Environments for Windows
- + Debugging in Rails
- Wrapping Up
It's no secret that the entire Ruby on Rails core team uses OS X as their preferred development environment. Because of this, it is very easy to find authoritative information on the web about using Rails on OS X. But the truth is that Windows developers using Rails probably outnumber those using other platforms. A Windows development environment can be just as productive as any other platform.
This is a guide to developing with Ruby on Rails under Windows. It won't teach you how to write Ruby on Rails web applications, but it will show you what tools to use and how to set them up to create a complete Rails development environment.
Test the closed alpha on paperc.com